Past Scholarship Recipients
2011 - Amy L. Albrecht, Troy E. Bennett, Kelly C. James, Sara R. Kouroupis, Anna M. Larimore and Shailin F. O'Connell
2010 - Claire A. Bennett, Austin Carroll, Michelle Hodiak, William J. Loveless, Danielle G. McCoy-Fleming and Samantha A. Murdock
2009 - Alexander K. McCoy, Virginia E. "Beth" Coles, Julie M. Roby, Kayla J. Seals, Lauren J. Bresnock and Megan L. Clark
2008 - Brittany L. Bowman, Kathryn E. Knaus, Carolyn M. McGraw, Caitilin M. Patrick, Katherine Robinson and Kathy Thornton
2007 - Danielle P. Betz, Laura A. Bradley, Melinda R. Gilmer, Nathan S. Glenn, Katrina M. Roseland and Mitchell T. Smallwood
2006 - Elizabeth A. Currier, Scott M. Fry, Brittany M. Full, Rebecca A. Hamilton, Gregory H. Parks and Kathleen C. Littleton
2005 - Amanda L. Arrington, Alexandra Barnard, Emma Bullock, Lian French, Kevin M. McCoy and Benjamin T. Warfield
2004 - Ryan Bennett, Jenna A. Cumberland, Gandalf French, Lyndsay Glasscock, Anna K. Levenstein and Anna M. Schlicht
2003 - Matthew Biegel, Kathleen Fry, Sarah Hunt, Risa Levenstein, Christine Littleton and John W. McCoy
2002 - Anna Baran, Curtis Bullock, Cynthia Dixon, Robert Rynarzewski, Kathryn Lessels and Erika Thomas
2001 - Andrew W. Cumberland, Elyse A. Evans, Alexander M. Smallwood, Rebecca A. Sparenberg, Jenna S. Starr and Rebecca D. Warfield
2000 - Darla Bouma, Courtney Hill-Dukehart, Caela O'Connell and Andrew Warfield
1999 - Jamie Bullock, Stephanie Grutzmacher, Amy Iager and Megan Rynarzewski
1998 - Adrianne Buschling, April Jackson, Leanne Jacobson and Christine Schulze
1997 - Sarah Beck, Allison Brown, Anthony Fleg and Rebecca Patrick
1996 - Daniela Bals, Jennifer Bly, Jeanne Howell and Christopher Seymour
1995 - Justin Brendel, Robert Currier, Jason Hough and Jason Murray
1994 - Mark Iager, Jason Keplinger, Dawn Nill and Christopher Mullinix
Each Year , the Howard County Fair Association offers scholarships to qualified individuals to assist with their educational expenses. This year, up to six $2,000.00 scholarships will be awarded. The Fair Association hopes that the scholarship recipients will some day return to the Fair as volunteers.
- Applicant must be or have been a member of the Howard County 4-H program, and must have participated in the Howard County Fair.
- Applicant should be directing their education toward agriculture, home economics, or a related field such as; plant or animal science, business, consumer affairs, child development, economic biochemistry microbiology, veterinary science, and trade school.
- Applicant must be at least a current junior in high school.
- Previous winners cannot apply
- The scholarship will be paid directly to the recipient's college, university or trade school. If the winner is not currently enrolled in a college, university or trade school, the money will be held up to three (3) years, at which time it will revert to the Howard County Fair Association, Inc.
- The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final.
- Citizenship, leadership and achievement based on 4-H records (50%)
- Fair involvement and leadership (30%)
- Grades (15%)
- Future Plans (5%)
How to Apply
A completed application form, current official sealed transcript of grades, and a head/shoulder photograph must be submitted. All application material will be returned.
Applicants must attach a copy of their most recent Summary Form, 4-H Story, and their 4-H Resume. If these records are out of date, they may be updated with an attachment. Applicants may also attach evidence of community or school recognition.
Applications must be delivered to the Howard County Fair Office no later than 6:00PM on the last Saturday of the Howard County Fair. Scholarship winners will be announced at the Annual Howard County Fair Stockholders, Dinner held in October.
Click here to download your scholarship application.
State Fair Scholarships
The Maryland State Fair is offering two scholarships for students. Each scholarship is very different so please read read all of the requirements carefully to determine which scholarship is best for you! Each scholarship application, for both scholarships. Recipients of the Maryland State Fair Scholarship Awards and the Marlin K. Hoff Scholarship will be recognized during the Maryland State Fair at a special ceremony.
Click here to learn more about Maryland State Fair scholarships.